MyWebSearch is still not completely cleared of charges in annoying behaviors, as well as obfuscated way of installation. A number of security solutions still contain its description in their databases as potentially unwanted and annoying threat. On the other hand, other security tools have long since got it excluded from database of infections and suspicious entries; others never reported the program as any sort of infection.
The program, whether infection or not, adds a toolbar named MyWay Search Assistant, MyAllSearch, MyWay Speedbar, MyWeb Searchbar, My Search Bar 3 as embedded line to one or more browsers.
Old versions of the toolbar contained commercial payload as these displayed online ads of sponsored websites. Current versions have not been found to be true to such tactics.
Some experts do not recommend removing MyWebSearch or consider properly why doing so as the bar is said to have nothing in common with adware. On the contrary, it is said to unite the power of several major web search providers.
Click here to run free computer examination by reliable facility to see if your version of the adware is obviously malignant, and delete it, if it is, as well as exterminate plainer threats.
To remove MyWebSearch following the procedure provided for installed software, please go to Start Menu, click Control Panel, and then
- in XP click Add/Remove Programs to get list of installations, and find and delete the unwanted bar;
- in Vista, Win7 click Programs, and select Uninstall a Program in this category to find and delete the unwanted bar.
Type: Adware, BHO (Browser Helper Object)
Detection date: 21.01.2005
URL: blocked\not detected
MyWebSearch adware removal tool:
MWS Toolbar Malicious behaviour:
- MyWebSearch may be difficult to remove manually;
- MyWebSearch may download and install additional malware;
- MyWebSearch may slow your PC;
- MyWebSearch may cause system errors and slowdowns.