PUP.MultiSearchBox is a name of malware that explains major features of the program at once. PUP stands for “potentially unwanted programs”. MultiSearchBOX is thus the name of program one might find unwanted.
It is to be noted that antivirus products flag the detection for other potentially unwanted programs. Basically, the detection name is used to mark some of adwares of StartSearch hijacker family.
Remove PUP.MultiSearchBox and use genuine search tools e,g. Google. Free scanner available here is recommended PUP.MultiSearchBox removal tool.
Type: Malware, Trojan horse
URL: blocked\not detected
- PUP.MultiSearchBox may be difficult to remove manually;
- PUP.MultiSearchBox may download and install additional malware;
- PUP.MultiSearchBox may slow your PC;
- PUP.MultiSearchBox may cause system errors and slowdowns, popup ad’s.
How to remove PUP.MultiSearchBox virus?
You can choose how to eliminate PUP.MultiSearchBox infection. Use manual removal guide or delete it automatically:
1. Manual removal process
It is understood that removing PUP.MultiSearchBox manually you deal with only one infection. To get rid of other infections manually you need to find and use other relevant guides. Furthermore, how will you know if there are other threats to exterminate?
To remove PUP.MultiSearchBox infection – delete its files and disable processes (in Task Manager):
After that, remove PUP.MultiSearchBox registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\ CURRENTVERSION\RUN\ random.exe
2. Automatic PUP.MultiSearchBox removal
Antimalware program is a good choice enabling users to clean computer system of all its infections at once, or at least to find out which threats to eliminate. It might happen that PUP.MultiSearchBox malware blocks downloading or installation of antivirus capable of its deleting. If that is the case, don’t give up! Try the following tips to escape the malware aggression:
- rename executable of the downloaded antimalware to “explorer.exe” and run it;
- try to install remover from Safe Mode (press F8 when Windows starts);
- try to download PUP.MultiSearchBox removal tool from uninfected PC and transfer it to infected, using pen-drive.
If you need further help in using the manual directions or downloading the removal tool, please leave your query as a comment below.
Our tests have proved that Spy Hunter removes PUP.MultiSearchBox virus