Hao123 Toolbar is considered to be a virus. It comes along with free programs, email attachments etc.
The program applies changes to browser appearance. However, it is but the lesser evil, as the program also hijacks searches you make immediately in address bar, changes home-page and default new tab url to unwanted and misleading website.
The virus also slows down browsing speed and may cause random redirects that block useful websites such as Google.
Removal of Hao123 Toolbar virus implies thorough inspection and disinfection of affected machine. In order to perform free scan and get rid of Hao123 Toolbar along with other threats to your PC, click here.
Hao123 Toolbar details:
Type: BHO, Toolbar
Detection date: 2.09.2012
- Hao123 Toolbar may be difficult to remove manually;
- Hao123 Toolbar may download and install additional malware;
- Hao123 Toolbar may slow your PC;
- Hao123 Toolbar may cause system errors and slowdowns, popup ad’s.
How to remove Hao123 Toolbar virus?
You can choose how to eliminate Hao123 Toolbar infection. Use manual removal guide or delete it automatically:
1. Manual removal process
It is understood that removing Hao123 Toolbar manually you deal with only one infection. To get rid of other infections manually you need to find and use other relevant guides. Furthermore, how will you know if there are other threats to exterminate?
To remove Hao123 Toolbar infection – delete its files and disable processes (in Task Manager):
After that, remove Hao123 Toolbar registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\ CURRENTVERSION\RUN\ random.exe
2. Automatic Hao123 Toolbar removal
Antimalware program is a good choice enabling users to clean computer system of all its infections at once, or at least to find out which threats to eliminate. It might happen that Hao123 Toolbar malware blocks downloading or installation of antivirus capable of its deleting. If that is the case, don’t give up! Try the following tips to escape the malware aggression:
- rename executable of the downloaded antimalware to “explorer.exe” and run it;
- try to install remover from Safe Mode (press F8 when Windows starts);
- try to download Hao123 Toolbar removal tool from uninfected PC and transfer it to infected, using pen-drive.
If you need further help in using the manual directions or downloading the removal tool, please leave your query as a comment below.