Strathclyde Police does not prosecute you as you are watching a popup claiming your computer has been locked to prevent illegal activities to the network. Neither UK laws, nor Metropolitan Police would agree on such kind of prosecution.
Strathclyde Police is the second edition of Metropolitan Police popup initially reported a half year before the variant in question (variant for Scotland). This time, bets have increased as the December 2011 edition extorts from UK citizens 100 ? for such activities as watching infant porn and in order to prevent illegal activities in the network. Needless to say, the accusations are fraudulent.
Remove Strathclyde Police to prevent illegal programs from further cheating you and restricting your PC functionality. Free system inspection solution available here is a proper utility to be applied for the purposes of removal of Strathclyde Police Ukash virus (Ukash scam is a used as a family name for viruses showing fake police alerts across the globe, German variant – for example).
Strathclyde Police Ukash trojan details:
Type: Ransomware, Trojan horse
Detection date: 02.12.2011
URL: blocked\not detected
- Strathclyde Police Ukash trojan may be difficult to remove manually;
- Strathclyde Police Ukash trojan may download and install additional malware;
- Strathclyde Police Ukash trojan may slow your PC;
- Strathclyde Police Ukash trojan may generate popup ad’s;
- Strathclyde Police Ukash trojan may cause system errors and slowdowns, popup ad’s.
How to remove Strathclyde Police Ukash trojan virus?
You can choose how to eliminate Strathclyde Police Ukash trojan infection. Use manual removal guide or delete it automatically:
1. Manual removal process
It is understood that removing Strathclyde Police Ukash trojan manually you deal with only one infection. To get rid of other infections manually you need to find and use other relevant guides. Furthermore, how will you know if there are other threats to exterminate?
To remove Strathclyde Police Ukash trojan infection – delete its files and disable processes (in Task Manager):
[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
After that, remove Strathclyde Police Ukash trojan registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\ CurrentVersion\Winlogon\"Shell" = "[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe"
2. Automatic Strathclyde Police Ukash trojan removal
Antimalware program is a good choice enabling users to clean computer system of all its infections at once, or at least to find out which threats to eliminate. It might happen that Strathclyde Police Ukash trojan malware blocks downloading or installation of antivirus capable of its deleting. If that is the case, don’t give up! Try the following tips to escape the malware aggression:
- rename executable of the downloaded antimalware to “explorer.exe” and run it;
- try to install remover from Safe Mode (press F8 when Windows starts);
- try to download Strathclyde Police Ukash trojan removal tool from uninfected PC and transfer it to infected, using pen-drive.
If you need further help in using the manual directions or downloading the removal tool, please leave your query as a comment below.
Our tests have proved that Spy Hunter removes Strathclyde Police Ukash trojan virus