Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen refers to a technology used in rootkit development. It deals with programs crafted to hide in new kernel device object called max+++, which may stand for alternate detection name of the backdoor.
Removal of Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen requires skillful antimalware to properly identify the parasite so as to cover its components hidden in the above object. In the meantime, the remover will definitely be attacked by the aggressive infection. Unless protected, it will be eliminated by the rootkit when making attempt to scan the locations containing its elements.
Get rid of Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen along with its dropper and prevent your PC from further malware invasions using free scan device available here.
Type: Trojan horse, Malware
Detection date: 11.04.2012
URL: blocked\not detected
- Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen may be difficult to remove manually;
- Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen may download and install additional malware;
- Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen may slow your PC;
- Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen may cause system errors and slowdowns, popup ad’s.
How to remove Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen virus?
You can choose how to eliminate Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen infection. Use manual removal guide or delete it automatically:
1. Manual removal process
It is understood that removing Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen manually you deal with only one infection. To get rid of other infections manually you need to find and use other relevant guides. Furthermore, how will you know if there are other threats to exterminate?
To remove Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen infection – delete its files and disable processes (in Task Manager):
After that, remove Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\ CURRENTVERSION\RUN\ random.exe
2. Automatic Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen removal
Antimalware program is a good choice enabling users to clean computer system of all its infections at once, or at least to find out which threats to eliminate. It might happen that Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen malware blocks downloading or installation of antivirus capable of its deleting. If that is the case, don’t give up! Try the following tips to escape the malware aggression:
- rename executable of the downloaded antimalware to “explorer.exe” and run it;
- try to install remover from Safe Mode (press F8 when Windows starts);
- try to download Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen removal tool from uninfected PC and transfer it to infected, using pen-drive.
If you need further help in using the manual directions or downloading the removal tool, please leave your query as a comment below.
Our tests have proved that StopZilla! removes Backdoor.Multi.ZAccess.gen virus