PUM.Hijack.StartMenu empties Start Menu and produces other symptoms of disintegration of computer memory and its operating system. Windows may try notifying user, but the meaning of its alerts is typically obscure for most of the people as they are in their majority of course not IT experts. Furthermore, Windows incorrectly identifies the source of the issue as it points out system partition, which means it suspects disk formatting error while there is actually but a trojan to delete.
Removal of PUM.Hijack.StartMenu will prove your compute system is still alright, if it is not oppressed by viruses. Click here to download and install free scanner and get rid of PUM.Hijack.StartMenu to get Start Menu and other essential Windows features available again.
Detection date: 22.06.2012
URL: blocked\not detected
- PUM.Hijack.StartMenu may be difficult to remove manually;
- PUM.Hijack.StartMenu may download and install additional malware;
- PUM.Hijack.StartMenu may slow your PC;
- PUM.Hijack.StartMenu may cause system errors and slowdowns, popup ad’s.
How to remove PUM.Hijack.StartMenu virus?
You can choose how to eliminate PUM.Hijack.StartMenu infection. Use manual removal guide or delete it automatically:
1. Manual removal process
It is understood that removing PUM.Hijack.StartMenu manually you deal with only one infection. To get rid of other infections manually you need to find and use other relevant guides. Furthermore, how will you know if there are other threats to exterminate?
To remove PUM.Hijack.StartMenu infection – delete its files and disable processes (in Task Manager):
After that, remove PUM.Hijack.StartMenu registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\ CURRENTVERSION\RUN\ random.exe
2. Automatic PUM.Hijack.StartMenu removal
Antimalware program is a good choice enabling users to clean computer system of all its infections at once, or at least to find out which threats to eliminate. It might happen that PUM.Hijack.StartMenu malware blocks downloading or installation of antivirus capable of its deleting. If that is the case, don’t give up! Try the following tips to escape the malware aggression:
- rename executable of the downloaded antimalware to “explorer.exe” and run it;
- try to install remover from Safe Mode (press F8 when Windows starts);
- try to download PUM.Hijack.StartMenu removal tool from uninfected PC and transfer it to infected, using pen-drive.
If you need further help in using the manual directions or downloading the removal tool, please leave your query as a comment below.
Our tests have proved that Spy Hunter removes PUM.Hijack.StartMenu virus